Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yesterday I had time...

June 3rd, 2009

...to swing by Henrico County's Juvenile Court for a change of address motion...It was actually my first time there since all of my custody issues were handled in Circuit Court. It's like any other government court building though...concrete...bricks...and grass...

...I parked and emptied my pockets of everything except my license and my key...no need to empty my pockets at the metal detector...as I walked in I could feel the energy...the deputies were laid back, but not enough to not notice that I had emptied my pockets before entering..."no wallet"...I was surprised..."nope...left it in the car..."he nodded in acceptance and I walked through the tube and picked up my belongings...

...the court was packed...dockets on the walls for each court room were heavy...as I navigated through the sea of individuals lawyers conversed with their clients...it was painfully obvious how most if not all of these people felt...

...you see no one likes to fight over children...but children...well...there isn't a greater blessing or responsibility than raising a child of your own...so life happens while we make other plans...and marriages and relationships fail...when this happens this is where you end up if you can't communicate...if you can't work through your differences...

...my best advice...having lived through a custody battle that tortured my soul and tested the limits of everything I knew to be real...put your child first...no matter what...love your child...and hug them and kiss them as much as possible and know that life has a way of working itself out...sometimes it just takes time...understand that mountains can't be moved in a day...no matter what...love your child...

...As for us...Addy had her 2 Year checkup yesterday and is doing great...the brightest light in my World...she is a student and a teacher and everyday I am amazed at how being a Dad makes this young man feel...thankful...humbled...blessed...

jwcIII

No comments:

Post a Comment