...in the last 30 years I’ve been fortunate to meet thousands of people...I remember hundreds of them...we all have images...memories that are dear to us...memories created by encounters...acquaintances, friends, and family...memories that engage our souls...memories that haunt us...there are those that prefer to keep them private...I however am not that person...nor do I believe I ever will be...I can tell you that in the last three years since my father has passed I have had more poignant moments...more moments that made me take a breath and look around than in the 28 years before...and it’s a gift...a high price for such important life lessons...so...tomorrow when you wake up...wake up 5 minutes late...or 5 minutes early...sit out front as the cold dew fades to warmth...watch the stars fade and the sun rise...remember...how small we all truly are...what is truly important to you...and live life...for what it is...too short...but oh so sweet...
jwcIII
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment